Crusaders Set For New England Championship
Overall Record: 0-2 Last Week:
8th of 8
Scoreboard: 8th of 8 at Patriot League Championship, West Point, N.Y, 2/19-21
Schedule: Friday-Saturday, Feb. 26-27, at New England Indoor Championship, Boston, Mass.
- The Holy Cross men's track and field team will continue championship action at the New England Indoor Championship on Feb. 26-27 in Boston, Mass. Last year the Crusaders finished 17th out of 33 teams at the event.
- At last year's New England Championship, Brad Mish became the first Holy Cross New England Indoor Champion in the 5,000 and the first Crusader to be named New England Indoor Champion since 1995. Sophomore Ben Brink (New Rochelle, N.Y.) and junior James Fletcher (Woburn, Mass.) finished seventh and qualified for the IC4A Championship as members of the 4x800 meter relay.
- Holy Cross finished eighth at last week's Patriot League Indoor Championship in West Point, N.Y. Senior Timothy Richard (Attleboro, Mass.) led the Crusaders with a fifth place finish in the 5,000. Richard qualified for the New England Championship with a season-best time of 14:55.13. Richard also finished with a season-best time of 8:35.91 in the 3,000.
- Sophomore Michael Millard (Manhasset, N.Y.) cleared a season-best and personal-best height of 4.05 meters in the pole vault at the Patriot League Championship. Millard's previous best height was 3.75 meters, reached at the 2009 Patriot League Outdoor Championship.
- Sophomore Dan Altenau (Eastchester, N.Y.) finished with a personal-best time of 15:16.36 in the 5,000 at the Patriot League Championship. Altenau beat his previous personal-best time by over a minute. Sophomore Henry Bradford (West Bridgewater, Mass.) had a personal-best distance of 52.84 meters in the javelin. Junior Gregory Liguori (Norwood, N.J.) finished with a personal-best time of 24.04 seconds in the 200.