Scoreboard: 42nd of 52 at IC4A Outdoor
Schedule: Season has concluded
- The Holy Cross men's track and field team wrapped up the 2008-2009 season at the IC4A Outdoor Championship in Princeton, N.J. on May 15-17. The Crusaders finished 42nd out of 52 teams at the championship event.
- At the championship, senior Brad Mish (Hadley, Mass.) placed fourth in the 10,000 meter run with a time of 30:25.99. This season, Mish earned second team All-Patriot League honors for his performances in the 10,000 and 5,000 meter runs at the Patriot League Outdoor Championship. Mish finished second in both events with a time of 30:43.61 in the 10,000 and 14:51.77 in the 5,000. At the New England Indoor Championship, Mish finished first in the 5,000 with a season-best and IC4A qualifying time of 14:35.70. Mish is the first Holy Cross New England Indoor Champion in the 5,000 meter run and the first Crusader to win a New England Indoor Championship since 1995.
- Also competing at the IC4A Outdoor Championship for the Crusaders was senior Stephen Mandravelis (Nashua, N.H.). Mandravelis placed 23rd in the hammer throw with a toss of 53.77 meters. This season, Mandravelis took a 16th place finish in the shot put at the New England Outdoor Championship with a distance of 13.70 meters. At the Patriot League Outdoor Championship, he placed fourth in the hammer throw with a distance of 55.60 meters, while at the Patriot League Indoor Championship he placed ninth in the weight throw with a distance of 15.44 meters.
- Freshman Cory Loftis (Branford, Conn.) also took part in the 10,000 meter run at the IC4A Championship, placing 23rd in a time of 32:32.25. Loftis qualified for the IC4A's with a fourth place finish and time of 30:56.88 in the 10,000 at the Patriot League Outdoor Championship.
- At the 2009 Patriot League Outdoor Championship, Holy Cross finished sixth with 24 points. This was Holy Cross' best finish in the Outdoor Championship since the 2002 season.
- Senior Andrew Maggio (Chelmsford, Mass.) received the John P. Cooney Memorial Award. The award was presented at the 54th annual Holy Cross Varsity Club dinner, held at the Hogan Campus Center on Saturday, May 2. The Cooney Award is presented each year to a senior letterwinner who has performed beyond all expectations with courage, loyalty and dedication. Maggio held the school record in the 200 meter dash (22.39 seconds), and also ran a leg on the 4x400 meter relay team which posted the best time at Holy Cross in over 25 years (3:16.55).