Men's Tennis Downed 7-0 By Connecticut
April 10, 2006
STORRS, Conn. - The Holy Cross men's tennis team was unable to pick up its second victory of the spring season, falling to Connecticut 7-0 on Monday afternoon. The Huskies swept all six singles matches and also won the three doubles matches to secure all seven points on the day.
Connecticut wrapped up each of the three doubles matches to earn the first point of the match with identical 8-3 victories to begin the day.
Freshman Angelo Sica (Chester, N.J.) had the best chance for the Crusaders in the third singles spot but eventually fell to Christian Malerba in three sets by a score of 6-4, 6-7, 11-9. All of the other singles matches were decided in straight sets.
The Holy Cross men's tennis team will play next when they travel to Chestnut Hill, Mass. to battle in state rival Boston College on Tuesday, April 18 at 3:00 p.m.
1. Sho Sato (UC) def. John Deaver (HC), 6-3, 6-4
2. Joey Michaels (UC) def. Marco Lombardo (HC), 6-0, 6-0
3. Christian Malerba (UC) def. Angelo Sica (HC), 6-4, 6-7, 11-9
4. Ben Scheuler (UC) def. Jay DeSanto (HC), 6-2, 6-2
5. Aaron Ribchinsky (UC) def. Tom Moran (HC), 6-2, 6-0
6. Michael Bobitski (UC) def. Colin Missett (HC), 6-2, 6-1
1. Sato/Scheuler (UC) def. Deaver/Lombardo (HC), 8-3
2. Bobitski/Joel Gamoran (UC) def. Sica/DeSanto (HC), 8-3
3. Nate Carvalho/Jeff Klar (UC) def. Moran/Missett (HC), 8-3