Holy Cross Competes At Connecticut Invitational
Sept. 29, 2007
Storrs, Conn. - The men's tennis team traveled to Connecticut this weekend to compete in the Connecticut invitational. In bracket play single elimination, Matt Wierzel received a bye in the first round of play. In the second round of play he would be defeated by a score of 6-3, 6-4. Dan Phelan played in the fourth flight of the tournament. He received a bye in the first round, then was defeated 6-0, 6-1 in the second round.
In singles fifth flight Kevin Leggio would also get a bye into the second round where he would be matched against Andrew Costin of the University of Rhode Island. Leggio played tough but in the end fell to Costin 6-3, 6-4. In sixth flight the Crusaders' representative Thomas Steinert would get a bye into the second round where he would be defeated with a score of 6-4, 6-3. None of the Crusaders made it on to the final rounds.
Holy Cross will get to compete again at home where they will host Rhode Island on October 3 at 3:00 p.m.
1. Wierzel lost to Kasyanov 6-3, 6-4
2. Sica lost to Mikkelson 6-2, 6-1
3. Burke lost to Michawls 6-0, 6-0
4. Phelan lost to Baradach 6-0, 6-1
5. Leggio lost to Costin 6-0,6-0
6. Steinart lost to Carlos-Cotto 6-4, 6-3
7. McElhenny lost to Wilbur 6-2, 6-3
8. Vicidomo lost to Cook 6-1, 6-1
1. Wierzel/Burke lost to Marist 8-3
Sica/Leggio lost to Marist 9-7
2. McElhenny/Steinart lost to Sacred Heart 8-4
Phelan/Vicidomino lost to Sacred Heart no score reported