Men's Tennis Suffers Loss To Siena
Sept. 24, 2005
Loudonville, N.Y. - The Holy Cross men's tennis team dropped to 1-2 on the fall season with a loss to Siena. Taking all six singles matches and two of three doubles matches, the Saints swept the match 7-0. Siena moved to 2-2 on the season.
Tom Moran (Concord, N.H.) and Angelo Sica (Chester, N.J.) got the Crusader's only match victory of the day with a win in the third doubles match. Moran and senior captain John Deaver (St. Louis, Mo.) battled through three sets each in their singles matches but came up just short.
1. Jeremy Deuel (SIE) def. Brian Kelly (HC) 6-3, 6-2
2. Nicholas Rutherford (SIE) def. Marco Lombardo (HC) 6-3, 7-5
3. Christopher Auffredo (SIE) def. Jerome DeSanto (HC) 6-0, 6-2
4. Mike Aliotta (SIE) def. Angelo Sica (HC) 6-4, 7-6
5. Jose Loren (SIE) def. John Deaver (HC) 3-6, 6-0, 7-5
6. Nino Alivodic (SIE) def. Tom Moran (HC) 6-7, 7-6, 10-5
1. Jeremy Deuel/Nicholas Rutherford (SIE) def. Brian Kelly/John Deaver (HC) 8-0
2. Mike Aliotta/Jose Loren (SIE) def. Marco Lombardo/Jerome DeSanto (HC) 8-6
3. Tom Moran/Angelo Sica (HC) def. Christopher Auffredo/Nino Alivodic (SIE) 8-3