April 26, 2006
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross men's tennis team fell to Assumption College 7-0 on Wednesday afternoon in their final match of the season. Assumption swept all three doubles matches and also won all six singles matches en route to the shut out victory.
Assumption started the afternoon by winning the doubles point and taking a 1-0 lead while not allowing more than three set victories to any Holy Cross doubles team.
In singles, Assumption won each match in straight sets. Holy Cross freshman Angelo Sica (Chester, N.J.) had the Crusader's best opportunity to score a match point but fell to Matthew Stopp 6-4, 6-3.
The Crusader men's team concludes the 2005-06 season with an overall record of 4-16, going 2-11 against the spring schedule
1. Mike Goroman def. John Deaver 6-0, 6-0
2. Antonio Recaloe def. Marco Lombardo 6-0, 6-1
3. Matthew Stopp def. Angelo Sica 6-4, 6-3
4. Jared Dorfman def. Jay DeSanto 6-0, 6-2
5. David Marshall def. Tom Moran 6-1, 6-0
6. Steven Rumacker def. Colin Missett 6-1, 6-1
1. Goroman/Dorfman def. Sica/DeSanto 8-3
2. Recaloe/Stopp def. Lombardo/Moran 8-1
3. Marshall/Ricardo Lieberman def. Deaver/Missett 8-1