Men's Tennis Falls to Boston University, 5-2
April 25, 2006
BOSTON, Mass. - Following a Friday afternoon win over WPI, the Holy Cross men's tennis team failed to pick up its second straight victory against Boston University on Sunday. The Crusaders fell 5-2 to the Terriers at the BU Track and Tennis Center.
The Terriers swept all three doubles matches to begin the day as they took a 1-0 lead in the match.
Playing in the fifth singles sport, junior Tom Moran (Concord, N.H.) defeated Saad Rizwan in three sets. Moran won the first set 6-4 before dropping the second set 6-2. The junior rallied to win a tough third set by a score 10-7 to pick up the match point.
Freshman Angelo Sica (Chester, N.J.) was leading the first set 4-1 when Miron Nissim was forced to retire. Sica was credited with the win, giving the Crusaders their second point of the match.
Boston University would win the other four singles matches to earn the 5-2 victory.
The Holy Cross men's tennis team will return to the courts on Wednesday, April 26 when they travel across town to take on Assumption at 3:30 p.m.
1. Barrett Wolf (BU) def. John Deaver (HC), 6-0, 6-0
2. Jared Kobren (BU) def. Marco Lombardo (HC), 6-0, 6-1
3. Angelo Sica (HC) def. Miron Nissim (BU), 4-1, ret.
4. Tim Sichler (BU) def. Jay DeSanto (HC), 6-2, 6-0
5. Tom Moran (HC) def. Saad Rizwan (BU), 6-4, 2-6, 10-7
6. Abby Behar (BU) def. Colin Missett (HC), 7-5, 6-4
1. Wolf/ Kobren (BU) def. Sica/DeSanto (HC), 8-0
2. Lohr/Rizwan (BU) def. Lombardo/Moran (HC), 8-6
3. Nissim/DeMeo (BU) def. Deaver/Missett (HC), 8-2