April 18, 2005
Worcester, Mass. - The Assumption College men's tennis team shutout Holy Cross, 9-0 in non-conference action on Sunday afternoon on the campus of Assumption. The Greyhounds took all six singles matches and then blanked the Crusaders in doubles play.
Holy Cross will host the Coast Guard on Tuesday afternoon at the HC tennis courts. The match begins at 3:30 p.m.
1. Assumption, Michael GOLDMAN def. Holy Cross, Brian Kelly (So., Winchester, MA/Winchester), 6-2, 6-0
2. Assumption, Matt STOPP def. Holy Cross, Nick Casolaro (Sr., Reading, MA/Reading), 6-1, 6-0
3. Assumption, Antonio RECALDE def. Holy Cross, Mike Marano (Sr., St. Croix, WSVI/Holmdel), 6-0, 6-0
4. Assumption, James NEWMAN def. Holy Cross, John Deaver (Jr., St. Louis, MO/Chaminade), 6 2, 6-2
5. Assumption, Dave MARSHALL def. Holy Cross, Marco Lombardo (So., Chestnut Hill, MA/Xaverian), 6 1, 6-2
6. Assumption, Rich LEIBERMAN def. Holy Cross, Rob Guido (Sr., Huntington, NY/Huntington), 7-6 (7-2), 6-1.
1. Assumption, GOLDMAN and NEWMAN def. Holy Cross, CAROLARE and MARANO, 8-4
2. Assumption, RECALDE and MARSHALL def. Holy Cross, DEAVER and KELLY, 8-2
3. Assumption, STOPP and LEIBERMAN def. Holy Cross, GUIDO and LOMBARDO, 8-1.