Holy Cross Men's Tennis Falls To Boston University, 7-0
April 14, 2009
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross men's tennis team fell to Boston University, 7-0, on Tuesday afternoon at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts to conclude the regular season. With the loss, the Crusaders fall to 4-13, while the Terriers improve to 3-15.
Boston University won all three doubles matches to earn the doubles point. The No. 2 doubles team of senior Angelo Sica (Chester, N.J.) and junior John Burke (Burlington, Mass.) fell in a tie breaker, 7-5, to Bill Kring and James Bernstein. BU then won all six singles matches for the 7-0 win. Junior Dan Phelan (Chicopee, Mass.) lost the No. 4 singles match to Tim Sichler, 6-4, 6-2, while freshman Chris Das (Melrose, Mass.) fell at No. 6 singles to Bernstein, 6-3, 6-2.
The Crusaders return to action versus Colgate at 3:00 p.m. at West Point, N.Y., for the Patriot League quarterfinals on April 17.
1. Jeff Chudacoff (BU) def. Matt Wierzel (HC) -- 6-4, 6-0
2. Miron Nissim (BU) def. Angelo Sica (HC) -- 6-3, 6-2
3. Charles Weinstein (BU) def. John Burke (HC) -- 6-3, 6-0
4. Tim Sichler (BU) def. Dan Phelan (HC) -- 6-4, 6-2
5. Bill Kring (BU) def. Jay DeSanto (HC) -- 6-1, 6-2
6. James Bernstein (BU) def. Chris Das (HC) -- 6-3, 6-2
1. Chudacoff / Weinstein (BU) def. Wierzel / DeSanto (HC) -- 8-3
2. Kring / Bernstein (BU) def. Sica / Burke (HC) -- 8-7 (7-5)
3. Regis Chang / Alex Green (BU) def. Phelan / Das (HC) -- 8-1