April 6, 2006
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross men's tennis team was unable to overcome Babson College, as they fell 5-2 in their second home match of the spring season. Freshman Angelo Sica (Chester, N.J.) went 2-0 on the day, picking up wins in singles and doubles competition but it was not enough for the Crusaders.
Sica, playing in the third singles spot picked up a convincing win defeating Kyle Natchioni in straight sets 7-5, 6-2.
Earlier in the afternoon, Sica teamed up with his freshman classmate Jay DeSanto (Dalton, Pa.) to earn Holy Cross' only doubles win. The duo defeated Natchioni and Andy Shin 8-3.
Also getting a win was junior Tom Moran (Concord, N.H.), who edged Babson's Walt Sea. Moran played out of the fifth singles slot to earn a 6-1, 6-2 decision.
The Crusaders earned two points with their two singles victories but did not pick up the doubles point as they dropped two of the three matches.
The Holy Cross men's tennis team will be back in action on Saturday, April 8 at 12:00 p.m. when they host Merrimack. The Crusader women will also play Merrimack on Saturday.
1. Jeremy Stein (B) def. John Deaver (HC) 6-0,6-0
2. Jason Lynn (B) def. Marco Lombardo (HC) 6-4, 6-1
3. Angelo Sica (HC) def. Kyle Natchioni (B) 7-5, 6-2
4. Andy Shin (B) def. Jay DeSanto (HC) 6-4, 6-2
5. Tom Moran (HC) def. Walt Sea (B) 6-1, 6-2
6. Amit Mar (B) def Colin Missett (HC) 6-4, 6-4
1. Stein/Perkins (B) def. Deaver/Lombardo (HC) 8-3
2. Sica/DeSanto (HC) def. Shin/Natchioni (B) 8-3
3. Lynn/Sea (B) def. Moran/Missett (HC) 8-4