Holy Cross Men's Tennis Falls To Army, 7-0
April 4, 2009
WEST POINT, N.Y. - The Holy Cross men's tennis team fell to Army, 7-0, on Friday evening in Patriot League action. With the loss, the Crusaders fall to 3-10 overall (0-1 Patriot League), while Army improves to 7-12 overall (3-0 Patriot League).
Army started the match by winning all three doubles matches to earn the doubles point and then won all six singles matches in straight sets.
The Crusaders return to action when they continue Patriot League play at West Point on April 4, with a 2:00 p.m. match with Lafayette.
1. Phil Muhawi (Army) def. Matt Wierzel (HC) - 6-2, 6-1
2. Jordan Girdley (Army) def. Angelo Sica (HC) - 6-4, 6-4
3. Bruno Lucivero (Army) def. John Burke (HC) - 6-3, 6-0
4. Johnny Lucero (Army) def. Dan Phelan (HC) - 6-0, 6-2
5. Josh Krieter (Army) def. Jay DeSanto (HC) - 6-1, 6-4
6. Dan Shaffer (Army) def. Chris Das (HC) - 6-0, 6-4
1. Tripp Johnson / Chris Albornoz (Army) def. Wierzel / DeSanto (HC) - 8-4
2. Lucivero / Krieter (Army) def. Burke / Sica (HC) - 8-5
3. Pete Williams / Andrew Clark (Army) def. Phelan / Das (HC) - 8-2