March 28, 2006
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross men's tennis team failed to pick up their second victory of the spring season as they fell to Rhode Island, 7-0, at home on Tuesday afternoon.
Holy Cross was swept in all six singles matches and also failed to pick up the doubles point, dropping two matches as Rhode Island total seven match points.
The Crusader men will play again on Tuesday, April 4 at Connecticut. The match will begin at 3:15 p.m. in Storrs, Conn.
1. Rob Sutphen (URI) def. John Deaver (HC) 6-1, 6-0
2. Andrew Costin (URI) def. Marco Lombardo (HC) 6-2, 6-0
3. Kevin Redmond (URI) def. Angelo Sica (HC) 7-5, 6-3
4. Mark Marcello (URI) def. Jay DeSanto (HC) 6-2, 6-3
5. Kyle Duffy (URI) def. Tom Moran (HC) 6-2, 6-0
6. Jeff Hedden (URI) def. Colin Missett 6-4, 7-6 (3)
1. Costin/Redmond (URI) def. Lombardo/Moran (HC) 8-2
2. Sutphen/Hedden (URI) def. DeSanto/Sica (HC) 8-4
3. Missett/Deaver (HC) def. Marcello/Duffy (URI) 8-6