March 25, 2006
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. - The Holy Cross men's tennis team fell for the second straight day by a score of 7-0 as they dropped a match on Saturday at Rider. The senior duo of John Deaver (St. Louis, Mo.) and Colin Missett (Southington, Conn.) picked up the lone Crusader victory on the day.
Deaver and Missett battled to a 9-7 victory at the number three doubles but Holy Cross was unable to get another win to pick up the doubles point.
Missett had the best chance for a singles vicotory in his six spot but fell in three sets to Jeremy Finkelson of Rider.
The Crusaders will be back in action Tuesday, March 28 when they host Rhode Island at 3:30 p.m.
1. Ragdee Saberon (R) def. John Deaver (HC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Chris Stanco (R) def. Marco Lombardo (HC) 6-3, 6-1
3. Casey Jedlinski (R) def. Angelo Sico (HC) 7-6, 7-6
4. Mike Greenberg (R) def. Jay DeSanto (HC) 7-6, 6-3
5. Jimmy Leone (R) def. Tom Moran (HC) 6-4, 6-1
6. Jeremy Finkelson (R) def. Colin Missett (HC) 5-7, 6-1, (10-8)
1. Saberon/Stanco (R) def. Lombardo/Moran (HC) 8-3
2. Greenberg/ Jedlinski (R) def. Sico/ DeSanto (HC) 8-1
3. Deaver/ Missett (HC) def. Bobby Worlow/ Daniel Stupp (R) 9-7