Men's Tennis Loses to UConn, 7-0
Feb. 18, 2007
East Hartford, Conn. - The Holy Cross men's tennis team dropped to 0-2 on the season losing to UConn, 7-0 in Stamford, Conn. on Sunday at the East Hartford Racquet Club. The closest the Crusaders came to a match win was in No. 3 doubles action where senior Tom Moran (Concord, N.H.) and sophomore Jay DeSanto (Dalton, Pa.) played to a 9-8 (5) final score.
The Holy Cross men's tennis team is back in action on Saturday, February 24, taking on Sacred Heart at the Middlebury Racquet Club in Middlebury, Conn. Matches are set for 4:00 pm.
1. UC Ben Schueler def. HC Angelo Sica (Chester, N.J.), 6-2, 7-5
2. UC Joey Michaels def. HC John Burke (Burlington, Mass.), 6-0, 6-1
3. UC Joe Goldstein def. HC Marco Lombardo (Chestnut Hill, Mass.), 6-1, 6-2
4. UC Nate Carvalho def. HC Jay DeSanto (Dalton, Pa.), 6-1, 6-2
5. UC Aaron Ribchinsky def HC Tom Moran (Concord, N.H.), 6-1, 6-0
6. UC Jeff Klar def. HC Brendan McElhenny (Huntington, N.Y.), 6-0, 6-0
1. UC Schueler and Goldstein def. Sica and Lombardo, 8-4
2. UC Christian Malerba and Michaels def. Burke and McElhenny, 8-2
3. UC Joel Gamoran and Michael Bobitski def. Moran and DeSanto, 9-8 (5)