Crusaders To Compete In Three Matches This Week
Overall: 3-9 (0-4 Patriot League); Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 5, American International 2, Worcester, Mass., 4/3
Nichols 7, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/6
Schedule: Thursday, April 10 vs. UMass Dartmouth, Worcester, Mass., 3:30
Friday, April 11 at Hartford, West Hartford, Conn., 3:30
Sunday, April 13 vs. Colby, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's tennis team (3-9 overall, 0-4 Patriot League) split two home matches last week with a win over American International on April 6 by a score of 5-2 before the Crusaders dropped a match, 7-0, to Nichols. The Crusaders will play three matches this week to end the regular season before heading to the Patriot League Tournament. Holy Cross will host UMass Dartmouth on Thursday, April 10, before they travel to Hartford on Friday, April 11. Both matches will be at 3:30 p.m. The Crusaders will then entertain Colby on Sunday, April 13 for a 12:00 p.m. match.
- Holy Cross notched a victory, 5-2, over American International relying on strong performances from a trio of freshmen. Freshman Jimmy Ye (Boston, Mass.) defeated his opponent by a score of 6-1, 6-1 before pairing with freshman Sean Frebes (Cleveland, Ohio) to secure a No. 2 doubles victory. Frebes also defeated his opponent in his singles match by a score of 6-1, 6-4.
- Freshman Pat O'Shea (Wilbraham, Mass.) also recorded both a singles and doubles victory over American International as he defeated his singles opponent by a score of 6-0, 6-1. O'Shea paired with junior Rob Buetti (Bay Shore, N.Y.) in the No. 3 doubles, defeating American International by a score of 8-1.
- Unfortunately, the Crusaders' success was short lived as the team was defeated only three days later by Nichols, 7-0. Crusader senior No. 1 singles player Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.) lost his match, 6-2, 6-0, while freshman Ye was defeated in No. 2 singles, 6-2, 4-6, (10-6).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's tennis team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.