WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team dropped its final home match of the season to Sacred Heart, 7-0, on Sunday afternoon at the Sinnott Family Tennis Facility. With the win, the Pioneers improve to 4-11 overall, while the Crusaders slip to 1-10.
Holy Cross junior co-captain Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.) lost his No. 1 singles match, 6-4, 6-2, as classmate Connor McCann (Centerville, Mass.) was defeated at No. 2 singles, 6-3, 6-3. Holy Cross junior Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.) lost his No. 3 singles tilt, 6-2, 6-4.
The Crusaders did not claim any doubles matches as the closest tilt came with the No. 1 pair of Sullivan and McCann, and resulted in an 8-4 loss.
Holy Cross will play its final regular season dual match on Monday, April 14, when it travels to Dartmouth, Mass. to take on UMass Dartmouth at 3:30 p.m.
SACRED HEART 7, HOLY CROSS 0
1. James Barnhart (SH) def. Ryan Sullivan (HC), 6-4, 6-2
2. Justin Pagan (SH) def. Connor McCann (HC), 6-3, 6-3
3. Matt Dean (SH) def. Chris Brosnan (HC), 6-2, 6-4
4. Brian Power (SH) def. Scot Brownell (HC), 6-3, 6-2
5. John Leprest (SH) def. Rob Buetti (HC), 6-0, 6-2
6. Mike Provenzano (SH) def. Jeff Paadre (HC), 6-2, 6-1
1. Provenzano / Barnhart (SH) def. Sullivan / McCann (HC), 8-4
2. Power / Pagan (SH) def. Brosnan / Brownell (HC), 8-2
3. Luka Bagi / Jeremy Shuskus (SH) def. Paadre / Tom Casavant (HC), 8-3