Crusaders Head To Nichols On March 14
Overall: 0-2; Last Week: 0-0
Scoreboard: Coast Guard 7, Holy Cross 2, New Haven, Conn., 2/23
Holy Cross vs. St. Francis (Pa.), Manchester, Conn., 2/24, cancelled
Schedule: Thursday, March 14 at Nichols, Pomfret, Conn., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's tennis team lost three weeks ago, 7-2, to Coast Guard in New Haven, Conn. With the loss the Crusaders fall to 0-2 on the season. Holy Cross' match versus St. Francis (Pa.) that was scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 24 has been cancelled.
- This week, the Crusaders return to action on Thursday, March 14, as they will travel to Pomfret, Conn. to take on Nichols at 3:00 p.m.
- Junior co-captain Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.) won his No. 2 singles match versus Coast Guard 7-5, 6-2 as he evens his record this season at 2-2.
- Freshman Rich DeGregoris (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) claimed a tough-fought victory in No. 6 singles, as he won his match 6-7, 6-4, (10-8). DeGregoris is now 4-0 in singles matches to begin his collegiate career.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's tennis team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.