Overall Record: 3-9 (0-2 PL); Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Lehigh 4, Holy Cross 0, Annapolis, Md., 4/27
Schedule: Season is complete
- The Holy Cross men's tennis team completed the 2011-2012 season with a 4-0 loss to Lehigh in the Patriot League quarterfinals on Friday, Aril 27. Lehigh lost Army, 4-0 in the Patriot League semifinals while Navy took home the 2012 crown with a 4-1 victory over the Black Knights.
- The Crusaders' three victories this season came against Nichols, Assumption and AIC as the squad went 2-2 in the fall and 1-7 in the spring. With the final record, head coach Evan Gaudreau, finishing his third season, now has a 12-39 record at the helm of the program.
- Sophomores Connor McCann (Centerville, Mass.) and Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.) tied the team-high in singles victories this season, each posting five wins. McCann finished the season with a 5-5 record as he went 2-0 at No. 4 singles, 0-3 at No. 5 and 3-2 at No. 6. Brosnan completed his season with a 5-6 record, going 1-0 at No. 3, 1-1 at No. 4, 2-4 at No. 5 and 1-1 at No. 6.
- Leading the team in doubles action this season was the duo of senior Ajeya Shekar (Shrewsbury, Mass.) and junior Scot Brownell (Plymouth, Mass.). The two combined for a 5-7 doubles record, going 2-6 at No. 2 doubles, 0-1 at No. 3 doubles a perfect 3-0 in tournament play. In three seasons of action, the two are a combined 6-17 when playing together.
- The tennis team says goodbye to four seniors this season; Shekar, Chris Das (Melrose, Mass.), Tim Regan (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) and Dan Sheehan (Huntington, N.Y.). Combined, the four played in a total of 130 singles matches. Das finishes his career with a singles record of 21-52, while Shekar completes his career at 8-22. Regan played two full seasons of tennis and went 7-17 while Sheehan played in three total singles matches, going 0-3. All four were valuable members of doubles competition as well, as each played in at least five doubles matches per season.