Men's Tennis Falls To Lehigh, 4-0, In Patriot League Quarterfinals
ANNAPOLIS, Md. – The No. 2-seed Lehigh men's tennis team proved to be too much for the No. 7-seeded Holy Cross men's tennis team, as the Crusaders fell 4-0 in the first round of the Patriot League Tournament at the Tose Family Tennis Center. With the final, the Crusaders move to a record of 3-9 while the Mountain Hawks continue the hunt for the Patriot League crown, notching a record of 12-7.
Due to Patriot League tournament rules, the first team to four points wins the match as the Mountain Hawks picked up victories in No. 2 and No. 3 doubles for the first point. Lehigh then followed with three consecutive singles wins, topping senior Tim Regan (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) in the No. 4 spot, sophomore Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.) in the No. 5 match and junior Scot Brownell (Plymouth, Mass.) in the No. 6 match. The three other singles matches and No. 1 doubles set did not finish due to the earlier results.
Holy Cross completes its 2011-2012 season on Monday, April 30. The Crusaders will host Nichols for a 4:00 p.m. match at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts in Worcester, Mass.
1. Benjamin Gilman/Matt Savran (LEHIGH) led Nick Berrettini/Ryan Sullivan (HC), 4-2, DNF
2. Mark Goldberg/Mitchell Peterson (LEHIGH) def. Scot Brownell/Tim Regan (HC), 8-1
3. Timur Chernykh/Andrew Krentz (LEHIGH) def. Chris Brosnan/Ajeya Shekar (HC), 8-2
1. Gilman (LEHIGH) led Berrettini (HC), 6-0, 1-0, DNF
2. Peterson (LEHIGH) led Sullivan (HC), 6-0, 1-1, DNF
3. Savran (LEHIGH) led Das (HC), 6-0, 3-0, DNF
4. Krentz (LEHIGH) def. Regan (HC), 6-0, 6-1
5. Daniel Goldblum (LEHIGH) def. Brosnan (HC), 6-0, 6-1
6. Edgars Rauza (LEHIGH) def. Brownell (HC), 6-0, 6-1