WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team came up one point short, dropping a 4-3 decision against Hartford in home action at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. With the result, the Crusaders move to 3-7 overall on the season while the Hawks go to 4-10. Sophomore Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.) tallied two wins on the afternoon, earning a straight-set victory at No. 5 singles and then teamed up with senior Tim Regan (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) for a win at No. 3 doubles.
The Crusaders earned the doubles point, winning out at No. 3 doubles, 8-5 and No. 1 doubles, 9-8. Sophomore Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.) and freshman Nick Berrettini (Haverford, Pa.) teamed together for the No. 1 doubles victory. The Hawks took advantage of four points from singles play, winning the No. 1 through No. 4 matches. Brosnan won the No. 5 singles match for the Crusaders, 6-4, 6-2 while fellow sophomore Connor McCann (Centerville, Mass.) picked up the final point at No. 6 singles, 6-4, 6-0.
Holy Cross returns to action on Wednesday, April 18 against Boston University. The Crusaders travel to the in-state opponent Terriers for a 3:30 p.m. match at the TTC Infield in Boston, Mass.
1. Marco Neves (UH) def. Nick Berrettini (HC), 7-5, 6-1
2. Aneil Bhalla (UH) def. Ryan Sullivan (HC), 6-4, 6-2
3. Josh Isaacson (UH) def. Chris Das (HC), 6-1, 6-1
4. Mike Kennelly (UH) def. Tim Regan (HC), 6-0, 6-2
5. Chris Brosnan (HC) def. Alex Holdstein (UH), 6-4, 6-2
6. Connor McCann (HC) def. Bogdan Nedelcu (UH), 6-4, 6-0