WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team earned seven out of seven points possible against AIC, tallying a 7-0 sweep at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. With the result, the Crusaders collect a record of 3-6 while the Yellow Jackets move to 0-7. Sophomore Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.) and freshman Nick Berrettini (Haverford, Pa.) tallied two victories apiece on the day, including the win at No. 1 doubles.
The Crusaders won all three doubles matches as Berrettini and Sullivan combined for an 8-0 win along with an 8-0 win by No. 3 doubles senior Chris Das (Melrose, Mass.) and senior Dan Sheehan (Huntington, N.Y.). Berrettini also won the No. 1 singles match, 6-1, 6-3 as Sullivan took No. 2, 6-0, 6-0. All other singles matches were won in straight sets including junior Jeff Paadre's (Sutton, Mass.) first singles win of the season at No. 6.
Holy Cross hosts Hartford next on Thursday, April 12. Match time is set for 3:30 p.m. at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts in Worcester, Mass.
1. Nick Berrettini (HC) def. James Worrall (AIC), 6-1, 6-3
2. Ryan Sullivan (HC) def. Jakub Simicek (AIC), 6-0, 6-0
3. Chris Das (HC) def. Nick Lyons (AIC), 6-1, 6-0
4. Connor McCann (HC) def. Derek Alves (AIC), 6-2, 6-0
5. Scot Brownell (HC) def. Jason Popek (AIC), 6-0, 6-0
6. Jeff Paadre (HC) def. Chandler Long (AIC), 6-0, 6-0
1. Sullivan/Berrettini (HC) def. (AIC), 8-0
2. Ajeya Shekar/Brownell(HC) def. Alves/Lyons (AIC), 8-1
3. Das/Dan Sheehan (HC) def. Long/Popek (AIC), 8-0