WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team fell to inner-city opponent Clark, 5-2, in the spring home opener at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. With the result, the Crusaders move to 2-6 overall on the season while the Cougars go to 6-1. Sophomore Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.) posted two wins on the day, winning his No. 4 singles match and also winning in doubles action.
Clark won two out of the three doubles matches to take the doubles point as the duo of Brosnan and fellow sophomore Connor McCann (Centerville, Mass.) won the No. 3 match, 8-2. Brosnan then posted a victory at No. 4 singles, winning out 7-5, 6-4. Senior Tim Regan (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) tallied the final Crusaders' point on the afternoon, earning his second singles win of the season, 6-0, 6-3. Clark took the No. 1, No. 2 and No. 6 singles matches to finish ahead 5-2.
Holy Cross returns to action on Tuesday, April 3 when it hosts AIC. The Crusaders match-up against the Yellow Jackets for a 3:30 p.m. contest at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts in Worcester, Mass.
1. Diego Angel (CU) def. Ryan Sullivan (HC), 6-4, 6-1
2. Daniel Stein (CU) def. Chris Das (HC), 6-2, 6-0
3. Tim Regan (HC) def. Zack Goodstein (CU), 6-0, 6-3
4. Chris Brosnan (HC) def. Josh Burger (CU), 7-5, 6-4
5. Danny Paradee (CU) def. Connor McCann (HC), 6-4, 7-5
6. Joel Simonson (CU) def. Ajeya Shekar (HC), 6-3, 6-3
1. Angel/Goodstein (CU) def. Sullivan/Regan (HC), 8-6
2. Stein/Burger (CU) def. Shekar/Brownell (HC), 8-1
3. McCann/Brosnan (HC) def. Dan Hall/Spencer Brightman (CU), 8-2