Men's Tennis Blanked By Boston College, 7-0
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team was swept in all matches, falling to Boston College 7-0 at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. With the final result, the Crusaders go to a record of 4-15 on the overall season while the Eagles combine for a record of 5-16.
The team's played singles matches first as freshmen Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.) and Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.) took their first sets to extra games, but fell eventually in straight sets with Boston College taking all singles contests. The Eagles were too much for the Crusaders in doubles play as well, sweeping all three matches, 8-1.
The Crusaders wrap up the regular season on Tuesday, April 12 against Springfield. Matches are set to begin at 5:00 p.m. at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts in Worcester, Mass.
1. Jonathan Schroeder/Klaus Puestow (BC) def. Ryan Sullivan/Chris Brosnan (HC), 8-1
2. Brian Locklear/Brendan Wong (BC) def. Ajeya Shekar/Chris Das (HC), 8-1
3. Michael McGinnis/Rob Anker (BC) def. Connor McCann/Scot Brownell (HC), 8-1
1. McGinnis (BC) def. Matt Wierzel (HC), 6-2, 6-0
2. Schroeder (BC) def. Das (HC), 6-0, 6-0
3. Wong (BC) def. Sullivan (HC), 8-6, 6-4
4. Locklear (BC) def. Brosnan (HC), 7-5, 6-3
5. Puestow (BC) def. McCann (HC), 6-2, 6-4
6. Ankner (BC) def. Shekar (HC), 6-2, 6-0