HARTFORD, Conn. – The Holy Cross men's team could not continue its win streak against Hartford, falling 6-1 at the Hartford Tennis Courts. With the final result, the Crusaders go to a record of 3-14 on the overall season while the Hawks collect a record of 6-9.
Hartford took the doubles point, sweeping all three matches. The Hawks then won the top three singles matches before freshman Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.) tallied the team's first point with a three set win over Eric Floum, 2-6, 6-4, 10-8 in the No. 4 spot. Hartford then won both the No. 5 and No. 6 six matches by the same exact scores, 6-2, 6-3, dropping the Crusaders by the final 6-1 score.
The Crusaders wrap up the week's action with a home match against Union on Saturday, April 9. Matches are set to begin at 1:00 p.m. at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts in Worcester, Mass.
1. Aneil Bhalla/Josh Isaacson(HAR) def. Matt Wierzel/Ryan Sullivan (HC), 8-3
2. Marco Neves/Bogdan Nedelcu (HAR) def. Ajeya Shekar/Chris Das (HC), 8-4
3. Eric Floum/Edgardo Ureta (HAR) def. Connor McCann/Chris Brosnan (HC), 8-3
1. Bhalla (HAR) def. Wierzel (HC), 1-6, 6-4, 6-1
2. Neves (HAR) def. Das (HC), 6-3, 6-3
3. Isaacson (HAR) def. Sullivan (HC), 6-4, 6-4
4. Brosnan (HC) def. Floum (HAR), 2-6, 6-4, 10-8
5. Nedelcu (HAR) def. McCann, 6-2, 6-3
6. Ureta (HAR) def. Shekar, 6-2, 6-3