Overall Record: 2-13 (0-3 PL) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Boston University 7, Holy Cross 0, Boston, Mass., 3/30
Schedule: Wednesday, April 6 vs. AIC, Worcester, Mass., 3:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 7 at Hartford, Hartford, Conn., 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 9 vs. Union, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's tennis season heats up with three matches this week, with one on the road and two at home on the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. The Crusaders first host AIC on Wednesday, April 6 at 3:30 p.m. and then follow with a rescheduled match against Hartford on Thursday, April 7 at 3:00 p.m. The squad finishes the week with a Saturday home match against Union, starting at 1:00 p.m.
- The AIC Yellow Jackets are 0-5 on the spring after dropping a 9-0 decision to Stonehill in their last match. The squad is also 0-3 on the road, last losing away at Bentley on March 29. The Crusaders won, 6-1, against AIC last season and also won, 7-0, in 2009. Last spring, five Crusaders won their singles matches while the team also won two of three doubles competitions to earn their six points.
- The Hawks are 5-9 on the season after most recently losing a 6-1 match against Hofstra on April 3. The squad is also 2-4 at home, including four straight losses this spring. The Crusaders lost to the Hawks, 6-1, in the fall, breaking up a six-game win streak. The team won the doubles point, but lost all five doubles matches.
- Union visits Worcester for the first time in recent program history with a 1-4 record and will play at SUNY Oneonta on April 5 before traveling east. The Dutchmen are 4-14 overall in singles matches and 2-7 in doubles play.
- After losing to Boston University last week, Holy Cross extended its scoreless streak to nine matches. The Crusaders have now been shut out of their last eight matches, and have lost by 7-0 scores in nine of the last 10 matches. The last time the Crusaders earned a team point was against Hartford on Oct. 23 where they won the doubles point.