Men's Tennis Swept, 7-0, At Boston University
BOSTON, Mass. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team dropped a straight 7-0 decision to Boston University at the TCC Infield. With the final result, the Crusaders fall to a record of 2-13 on the overall season while the Terriers collect a record of 6-7.
The Terries proved too much for the Crusaders, taking all singles matches in straight sets while posting three victories in doubles matches to keep Holy Cross from scoring one team point. The Crusaders have now lost 10 straight matches.
The team returns to action on Monday, April 4, hosting Boston College. Matches are set to begin at 4:00 p.m. at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts in Worcester, Mass.
1. Josh Friedman/Mike Kopelman (BU) def. Matt Wierzel/Ryan Sullivan (HC), 8-3
2. Jesse Frieder/Jarred Pendleton (BU) def. Ajeya Shekar/Chris Das (HC), 8-2
3. Marcus Van Berkel/Alex Green (BU) def. Connor McCann/Chris Brosnan (HC), 8-3
1. Ferdinand Brunet (BU) def. Wierzel (HC), 6-3, 1-0, retired with injury
2. Kopelman (BU) def. Das (HC), 6-0, 6-0
3. Regis Chang (BU) def. Sullivan (HC), 6-0, 6-0
4. Bill Kring (BU) def. Brosnan (HC), 6-0, 6-1
5. Andrei Stern (BU) def. McCann (HC), 6-0, 6-2
6. VanBerkel (BU) def. Shekar (HC), 6-2, 6-1