Men's Tennis Drops 7-0 Decision At Quinnipiac
HAMDEN, Conn. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team remained without one point for the third straight match, falling 7-0 against Quinnipiac at the Quinnipiac Tennis Courts. With the final tally, the Crusaders drop back to a record of 2-9 on the overall season while the Bobcats improve to an even 2-2 record.
Senior Matt Wierzel (Garden City, N.Y.) returned to action after missing the team's first two matches of the spring, falling in the No.1 singles spot, 6-3, 6-0, against Quinnipiac's Andrew Weeden. Wierzel not stands at 4-5 in dual match play so far this season. The Bobcats proved too much for the Crusaders in all other matches, sweeping the three doubles competitions and all five of the other singles contests in straight sets.
Holy Cross will begin Patriot League play next, traveling to West Point, N.Y. for a weekend series with Army, Lehigh and Lafayette. The first match is scheduled for March 25, as the Crusaders take on the Black Knights at 8:00 p.m., held on Army's home courts.
1. Brian Mikkelson/Andrew Weeden (QU) def. Matt Wierzel/Ryan Sullivan (HC), 8-4
2. James Kwei/Alex Lazerowich (QU) def. Chris Brosnan/Connor McCann (HC), 8-2
3. Corey Morgenstern/Ben Shapiro (QU) def. Chris Das/Scot Brownell (HC), 8-4
1. Weeden (QU) def. Wierzel (HC), 6-3, 6-0
2. Kwei (QU) def. Das (HC), 6-0, 6-0
3. Chris Nelson (QU) def. Sullivan (HC), 6-3, 6-2
4. Lazerowich (QU) def. Brosnan (HC), 6-3, 6-3
5. Morgenstern (QU) def. McCann (HC), 6-0, 6-2
6. Dillon Kraus (QU) def. Brownell (HC), 6-4, 6-2