Men's Tennis Swept, 7-0, Versus Sacred Heart
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team was unable to score a point in its second straight match of the spring, falling 7-0 against Sacred Heart at the Yale Tennis Courts. With the final tally, the Crusaders go to a record of 2-8 on the overall season while the Pioneers improve to a record of 1-3 on the season.
Sacred Heart swept all doubles matches, as freshman Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.) and Connor McCann (Centerville, Mass.) won five sets, but fell 8-5 in the No. 3 spot. The Pioneers swept all singles matches as well, topping every Crusader in straight sets.
Holy Cross will returns to action on Sunday, Feb. 27 against Connecticut-based Quinnipiac. The Crusaders and Bobcats are set to match-up in Hamden, Conn., starting at 4:00 p.m.
1. Jacob Miller/Chadd Sullo (SH) def. Kevin Leggio/Ryan Sullivan (HC), 8-2
2. Cole Conrad/Michael Syer (SH) def. Chris Das/Ajeya Shekar (HC), 8-0
3. John Harvey/Luka Bagi (SH) def. Chris Brosnan/Connor McCann (HC), 8-5
1. Kirill Kasyanov (SH) def. Das (HC), 6-2, 6-0
2. Chris Ujkic (SH) def. Sullivan (HC), 6-3, 6-2
3. Nick Mazzarese (SH) def. Brosnan (HC), 6-1, 6-1
4. Syer (SH) def. McCann (HC), 6-1, 6-0
5. Jinal Shah (SH) def. Shekar (HC), 6-0, 6-1
6. Bagi (SH) def. Scot Brownell (HC), 6-3, 6-4