Overall Record: 2-7 (0-0 PL), Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Coast Guard 9, Holy Cross 0, New London, Conn., 2/12
Schedule: Saturday, Feb. 19, vs. Sacred Heart, New Haven, Conn., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's tennis team continues its spring season with a match against Sacred Heart on Saturday, Feb. 19. The match will be held at a neutral location, as the teams will match-up at the Yale Tennis Complex in New Haven, Conn. beginning at 4:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders and Pioneers have competed in each of the last six seasons, with Sacred Heart taking four of the six contests. Holy Cross has not posted a point against the Pioneers in the last three meetings, falling 7-0 in each match.
- Last season, sophomore Scot Brownell (Plymouth, Mass.) made his debut at No. 6 singles for Holy Cross, but was topped in straight sets 6-0, 6-1 against Sacred Heart's Cole Conrad. Brownell currently owns a 1-4 record in singles play this season and has switched between the team's No. 4, No. 5 and No. 6 singles player.
- On Saturday, senior Kevin Leggio (Coram, N.Y.) debuted at No. 1 doubles with freshman Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.), but the duo fell, 8-3. Sullivan also debuted in the No. 1 singles spot and put up a fight, but fell in straight sets, 6-2, 7-6 against Coast Guard's Nick Martin.
- The Crusaders look to avoid a repeat of last year's spring season, where they began 0-4 in match play, falling to Coast Guard (7-2), Sacred Heart (7-0), Quinnipiac (7-0) and Boston University (7-0). The 2011 spring schedule looks familiar, however, as Holy Cross will now face Sacred Heart and Quinnipiac in next two matches.