Overall Record: 2-6 (0-0 PL)
Scoreboard: No matches scheduled.
Schedule: Saturday, Feb. 12, at Coast Guard, New London, Conn., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's tennis opens up the spring season with a trip to Coast Guard on Saturday, Feb. 12. The match will be played on Coast Guard's tennis courts in New London, Conn., starting at 1:00 p.m. Saturday serves as the Bears first match of the spring season as well.
- The team will look to avenge the three consecutive losses that Coast Guard has handed them, dating back to the 2009 fall season. Holy Cross lost the 2010 fall meeting, 5-2, at home. Sophomore Scot Brownell (Plymouth, Mass.) picked up his first singles victory of the season in the No. 6 spot while senior Matt Wierzel (Garden City, N.Y.) took three sets to gain the second Holy Cross point, beating out Greg Mitchell 7-5, 3-6, 6-3 in the No. 1 singles spot.
- Newcomer Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.) started off his collegiate career with a bang, recording the team's most wins in singles play on the fall season. Sullivan has a record of 6-5 thus far, collecting four wins and four losses in dual matches while posting a 2-1 record in tournament play. He has competed mainly as the team's No. 3 singles player, going 2-4 in that spot.
- Following Sullivan is a 5-6 singles record from team captain Wierzel. Wierzel has competed in the No. 1 singles spot in all matches, recording a 4-4 record in dual matches and a 1-2 record in tournaments.
- The Crusaders look to avoid a repeat of last year's spring season, where they began 0-4 in match play, falling to Coast Guard (7-2), Sacred Heart (7-0), Quinnipiac (7-0) and Boston University (7-0). The 2011 spring schedule looks familiar, however, as Holy Cross will face Coast Guard, Sacred Heart and Quinnipiac in its first three matches.