Overall Record: 2-6 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 0-3
Scoreboard: Boston University 7, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/20
Hartford 6, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/23
Bryant, 6, Holy Cross, 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/24
Schedule: Fall schedule is complete
- The Holy Cross men's tennis completed its fall season with three losses against Boston University, Hartford and Bryant on Oct. 20, Oct. 23 and Oct. 24. With the results, the Crusaders finish their fall season with a record of 2-6 under the guidance of second year head coach Evan Gaudreau.
- Newcomer Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.) has started off his collegiate career with a bang, recording the team's most wins in singles play on the fall season. Sullivan has a record of 6-5 thus far, collecting four wins and four losses in dual matches while posting a 2-1 record in tournament play. He has competed mainly as the team's No. 3 singles player, going 2-4 in that spot.
- Following Sullivan is a 5-6 singles record from senior team captain Matt Wierzel (Garden City, N.Y.). Wierzel has competed in the No. 1 singles spot in all matches, recording a 4-4 record in dual matches and a1-2 record in tournaments.
- Two other fresh faces have made an impact on the team this fall. Teaming up together in doubles play, freshmen Connor McCann (Centerville, Mass.) and Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.) have won the most doubles sets on the team. They currently have a 3-1 record when playing as the No. 3 doubles team, and have a 3-3 record overall. McCann is also 3-7 in singles play, holding the third most wins on the team, while Brosnan has gone 1-8.
- The team will now break until the spring, as the schedule will be released at a later date.