Men's Tennis Marks 6-1 Loss Against Hartford
WORCESTER, Mass. – Hartford swept all six singles matches as the Holy Cross men's tennis team dropped a 6-1 decision to the Hawks at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. With the decision, the Crusaders drop to a record of 2-5 on the fall season while the Hawks complete their fall slate with a record of 3-1.
The Crusaders won two of the three doubles matches to pick up the doubles point. Juniors Chris Das (Melrose, Mass.) and Ajeya Shekar (Shrewsbury, Mass.) won at No. 2 doubles, 9-7 and were followed by an 8-4 victory by freshman Connor McCann (Centerville, Mass.) and Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.) in the No. 3 spot. The Hawks came back to take all six singles matches, however, earning the final 6-1 victory.
Holy Cross will wrap up its fall slate tomorrow, Oct. 24 against Bryant. All matches will be played at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts in Worcester, Mass. beginning at 12:00 p.m.
1. Aneil Bhalla/Josh Isaacson (UH) def. Matt Wierzel/Ryan Sullivan (HC), 8-5
2. Chris Das/Ajeya Shekar (HC) def. Marco Neves/Eric Floum(UH), 9-7
3. Connor McCann/Chris Brosnan (HC) def. Edgardo Ureta/Filip Miletic (UH), 8-4
1. Bhalla (UH) def. Wierzel (HC), 6-2, 6-4
2. Neves (UH) def. Das (HC) 6-2, 6-2
3. Isaacson (UH) def. Sullivan (HC), 6-0, 6-4
4. Floum (UH) def. Brosnan (HC), 6-3, 6-2
5. Joel de los Santon (UH) def. McCann (HC), 6-4, 6-3
6. Ureta (UH) def. Ajeya Shekar (HC), 6-3, 6-4