Men's Tennis Swept By Boston University, 7-0
WORCESTER, Mass. – Boston University continued its three-match win streak, as the Holy Cross men's tennis team dropped a 7-0 decision to the Terriers at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. With the loss, the Crusaders fall to a record of 2-4 on the season while the Terriers go to a record of 1-1 on the fall.
Sophomore Connor McCann (Centerville, Mass.) and Scot Brownell (Plymouth, Mass.) teamed up for the second time this season at No. 3 doubles, but it was the Terriers who came out victorious in all three doubles matches, earning the doubles point. Boston University would go on to win all singles matches as well, earning the 7-0 sweep.
Holy Cross will host Hartford next, with the match scheduled for 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 23, after being rescheduled from the original Oct. 6 date. All matches will be played at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts in Worcester, Mass.
1. Josh Friedman/Alex Hallenbeck (BU) def. Matt Wierzel/Ryan Sullivan (HC), 8-5
2. Jesse Frieder/Jarred Pendleton (BU) def. Chris Das/Ajeya Shekar (HC), 8-4
3. Alex Green/Marcus VanBerkel (BU) def. Connor McCann/Scot Brownell, 9-8
1. Frieder (BU) def. Wierzel (HC), 6-4, 6-1
2. Bill Kring (BU) def. Das (HC), 6-4, 6-3
3. Kring (BU) def. Sullivan (HC), 8-6, 6-4
4. Green (BU) def. Brosnan (HC), 6-3, 6-3
5. Ferdinand Brunet (BU) def. McCann (HC), 6-0, 6-2
6. Rafik Zaher (BU) def. Shekar (HC), 6-0, 6-0