Overall Record: 2-3 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 0-0
Scoreboard: No Scheduled Events
Schedule: Wednesday, Oct. 20 vs. Boston University, 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23 vs. Hartford, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 24 vs. Bryant, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's tennis team looks to continue its two-game win streak and wrap up the fall slate with three matches this week. On Wednesday, Oct. 20, the team will take on Boston University beginning at 4:00 p.m. The team will then host a weekend doubleheader, facing Hartford on Oct. 23 and Bryant on Oct. 24. Saturday's match will start at 12:00 p.m. while Sunday's contest begins at 2:00 p.m. All matches will be played on the Holy Cross tennis Courts.
- The Terriers are riding a three-game win streak against the Crusaders into Wednesday's contest. They have won swept all three matches, winning 7-0 in each. BU comes to Worcester after playing just one dual match so far this fall. The Terriers are 0-1 after dropping a 5-2 decision to Bryant, who the Crusaders host on Sunday. Senior Matt Wierzel (Garden City, N.Y.) is the only Holy Cross player to have topped a Terrier, as Wierzel beat out BU senior Jeff Chudacoff for the first time in five meetings to advance at the Connecticut Tennis Invitational last season.
- Holy Cross and Hartford met twice last season as the Crusaders won by the score of 4-3 on both occasions. In the fall, the Crusaders took the doubles point and then split singles play to win 4-3.The Crusaders are currently on a six game win-streak against the Hawks, dating back to the 2007 fall season. Senior Matt Wierzel (Garden City, N.Y.) won his match at No.1 singles last fall, topping Hartford's Aniel Bhalla, 6-4, 6-1. Wierzel looks for his fifth dual-match victory on Wednesday, as he is 4-1 as the team's No. 1 singles player so far this season.
- Junior Chris Das (Melrose, Mass.) looks to extend his win streak at No. 2 singles as he posted his first win of the season last week against Siena. Das also beat Hartford last fall, playing as the No. 4 singles competitor. He picked up the team's second singles victory, 6-1, 6-4 against Eric Floum.
- The Bryant Bulldogs come to the Holy Cross Tennis Courts with an unblemished 3-0 record in fall dual match play, topping BU 5-2 the last time out. The Bulldogs proved to be too much for Holy Cross the last two times out, sweeping the Crusaders 7-0 in both matches.