Schedule: Friday, Sept. 10 vs. Connecticut College, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's tennis team opens up its 2010 fall slate when it hosts Connecticut College on Friday, Sept. 10 on the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. Match time is set for 4:00 p.m. Connecticut College visits Worcester, Mass. for the first time since 2005, as the Crusaders swept the Camels 7-0 the last time out.
- The 2010-2011 Holy Cross squad will turn to their lone senior, Matt Wierzel (Garden City, N.Y.), for leadership and experience this season. Wierzel returns as the team's No. 1 singles player, boasting an 18-11 record after last season. He earned Patriot League Tennis Player of the Month honors for his performances last September and looks boost his team in both singles and doubles play.
- The squad also returns three juniors; Chris Das (Melrose, Mass.), Dan Sheehan (Huntington, N.Y.) and Ajeya Shekar (Shrewsbury, Mass.). Das looks to move into the No. 2 singles spot after playing mostly at the No. 4 position last year while Sheehan and Shekar also look to move up the ranks. Four sophomores return as well, looking to compete for the top six spots in singles play as well.
- The second-year returners include sophomores Scot Brownell (Plymouth, Mass.), Tom Casavant (New Canaan, Conn.), Jeff Paadre (Sutton, Mass.) and Nick Tasca (Cranston, R.I.). Brownell made the most appearances last season, as he went 3-4 at No. 6 singles.
- Four newcomers add to the Holy Cross lineup as the team welcomes freshman Chris Brosnan (Garden City, N.Y.), Connor McCann (Centerville, Mass.), Matt Straface (Western Springs, Ill.) and Ryan Sullivan (Medfield, Mass.). This is the first class head coach Evan Gaudrea has instated into the Holy Cross men's tennis program.
- Gaudreau returns as the head coach of the Holy Cross men's tennis team for a second season. Previously, Gaudreau was an assistant coach at Holy Cross and brings over seven years of professional tennis teaching experiences to the job. His team went 5-14 in his first year at the helm.