Men's Tennis Drops 7-0 Decision At Bryant
– Bryant proved to be too much for the Holy Cross men's
tennis team as the Bulldogs swept all matches, dropping the
Crusaders by the final score of 7-0 at the Bryant Tennis Complex.
With the decision, the Crusaders tally a 3-8 record in spring
competition, going to 5-11 overall as the Bulldogs collect a record
Bryant took an early four point advantage after sweeping all three doubles matches and winning the No. 2, No. 4 and No. 6 singles contests. Junior Matt Wierzel (Garden City, N.Y.) became the next Crusader to lose, putting up a fight, but falling in straight sets 6-4, 6-3 at No. 1 singles.
Holy Cross’ No. 3 and No. 5 singles spots would fall in straight sets as well, as the Bulldogs took every point on the day to top the Crusaders 7-0.
Holy Cross will host its final home match next on Thursday, April 15 against Nichols. Matches are set to begin at 3:30 p.m. at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts in Worcester, Mass.
1. Cristian Balestrieri/Juan-Martin Paredes (BRYANT) def. Matt Wierzel/John Burke (HC) – 8-1
2. Nicholai Hill/Thomas Nowak(BRYANT) def. Chris Das/Dan Phelan (HC) – 8-0
3. Paul Chapman/Kevin Gardiner (BRYANT) def. Ajeya Shekar/Scot Brownell (HC) – 8-5
1.. Balestrieri (BRYANT) def. Wierzel (HC); 6-4, 6-3
2. Paredes (BRYANT) def. Burke (HC); 6-1, 6-0
3. Hill (BRYANT) def. Phelan (HC); 6-5, 6-4
4. Nowak (BRYANT) def. Das (HC); 6-2, 6-0
5. Orobitg (BRYANT) def. Tim Regan (HC); 6-2, 6-4
6. Cournover (BRYANT) def. Shekar (HC); 6-1, 6-0