WEST POINT, N.Y. – The Holy Cross men's tennis team would pick up a point due to a default, but would fall against Lehigh, 6-1, at West Point's Lichtenberg Tennis Center in the final day of the weekend’s league action. With the loss, the Crusaders tally a 1-7 record in spring competition, going to 3-10 overall (0-3 Patriot League). The Mountain Hawks tally an even record of 7-7 (1-1 Patriot League).
Overall, Lehigh won all five singles matches in straight sets. Freshman Scot Brownell (Plymouth, Mass.) picked up the lone point for the Crusaders after the Mountain Hawks defaulted. Freshman Jeff Paadre (Sutton, Mass.) made his collegiate debut with sophomore Chris Das (Melrose, Mass.) at No.3 doubles, but fell 8-4. Lehigh would sweep all three doubles matches as well.
Holy Cross will host Nichols next on Tuesday, March 30. Matches are set to begin at 3:30 p.m. at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts in Worcester, Mass.
1. Troy List/Collin Laffey (LEHIGH) def. Matt Wierzel/John Burke (HC) – 8-0
2. Edgars Rauza/Cameron Silbert(LEHIGH) def. Tim Regan/Scot Brownell (HC) – 8-2
3. Ryan Krueger/Andrew Krentz (LEHIGH) def. Chris Das/Jeff Paadre (HC) – 8-4
1. Lint (LEHIGH) def. Wierzel (HC); 6-2, 6-4
2. Laffey (LEHIGH) def. Burke (HC); 6-2, 6-1
3. Rauza (LEHIGH) def. Phelan (HC); 6-2, 6-1
4. Krueger (LEHIGH) def. Das (HC); 6-2, 6-3
5. Silbert (LEHIGH) def. Regan (HC); 6-0, 6-1
6. Brownell (HC) def. Krentz (LEHIGH); default