Overall Record: 2-7 (0-0 Patriot League); Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Boston University 7, Holy Cross 0, Boston, Mass., 3/14
Schedule: Wednesday, March 24, vs. Springfield,
Springfield, Mass., 3:30 p.m.
Friday, March 26 vs. Army, West Point, N.Y., 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 27 vs. Lafayette, West Point, N.Y., 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 28 vs. Lehigh, West Point, N.Y., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men’s tennis team resumes competition on Wednesday, March 24. The team will play at Springfield starting at 3:30 p.m.
- The Crusaders look to pick up their first win of the spring on Wednesday, March 24 with their match up against Springfield, their second in-state competitor. The two teams met last spring where the Crusaders put up a good fight but dropped the match, 5-2. Junior Matt Wierzel (Garden City, N.Y.) and senior Dan Phelan (Chicopee, Mass.) came out on top, each winning matches.
- On Friday, March 26, the team will travel to West Point, N.Y., for a weekend full of Patriot League matches, beginning a match with the Army Black Knights. This is the fourth year in a row that the teams have played, with the Crusaders falling short each time with a 7-0 loss.
- The Crusaders continue league play on Saturday, March 27, where they will play Lafayette. At last year’s spring contest, the two teams played but the Leopards came out on top with a 6-1 win over the Crusaders. Wierzel was the only player with a win in last year’s match up.
- The final day of league play happens on Sunday, March 28, where the Crusaders are set to play the Lehigh Mountain Hawks. The Mountain Hawks, currently fifth in the Patriot League standings, have the reigning Patriot League Player of the Month, Troy List on their roster, but that will not stop the Crusaders from striving for a team win.
- On Wednesday, March 14, for the second year in a row, the Crusaders fell 7-0 to the Boston University Terriers. The No. 2 doubles team of Phelan and sophomore Chris Das (Melrose, Mass.) picked up the only win for the team, topping the Terriers’ duo, 8-3.