Men's Swimming & Diving Readies For Patriot League Championship
Scoreboard: L Bryant 157 Holy Cross 102, Smithfield, R.I., 2/1
Schedule: Wednesday, Feb. 19, Patriot League Championship, Annapolis, Md., 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 20, Patriot League Championship, Annapolis, Md., 10:30 a.m./6:00 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 21, Patriot League Championship, Annapolis, Md., 10:30 a.m./6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 22, Patriot League Championship, Annapolis, Md., 10:30 a.m./6:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team will return to the pool for the first round of the Patriot League Championship, which will be held Wednesday, Feb. 19, at 6:00 p.m. on the Navy campus in Annapolis, Md.
- The Crusaders will look to improve upon their 8th place finish in last year's Patriot League Championship in which they scored only 133.5 points compared to Navy's 995.5, which earned them the top spot. During the meet, graduate Brian Power (Southport, Conn.) broke three school records in as many days.
- Holy Cross fell to Bryant 157-102 in their final meet of the season, but had several first place finishes to hang their hats on. Sophomore Tyler Wright (Waterboro, Maine) led the way with two first place finishes in both the 100 butterfly (54.01) and 100 backstroke (55.48). Senior Jan Yburan (Livingston, N.J.) took the top spot in the 50 backstroke with a time of 25.46.
- Just a reminder that ADVANCE TICKETS for the upcoming Patriot League swimming and diving championship meet hosted by the Naval Academy are NOW AVAILABLE for purchase. Luxurious Lejeune Hall in Annapolis will be the site for the Championship meet from Feb. 19-22.
- A coveted all-session pass for either meet is only $40, while a ticket to attend an individual session of the finals is $12 and a trial heat session ticket is $10. These can all be purchased through the Navy Ticket Office either by phone at 1-800-US4-NAVY (1-800-874-6289) or by visiting the following link: http://bit.ly/1iDR7Hu. Make sure to purchase yours before they run out!
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.