January 21, 2014
Men's Swimming & Diving To Host Providence
Scoreboard: 2nd of 3, Worcester City Championship, Worcester, Mass., 1/17-18
Schedule: Saturday, Jan. 25 vs. Providence, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team will return to the Hart Center this weekend for its final home meet of the season on Saturday, Jan. 25, versus Providence at 1:00 p.m.
- Last season, the Crusaders fell to Providence on the road by a final of 175-123. Graduate Brian Power led the team with two first place finishes in the 100 and 200-yard breaststrokes. Senior Jan Yburan (Livingston, N.J.) and sophomore Tyler Wright (Waterboro, Maine) also added first place finishes in the 50 freestyle and 100 butterfly, respectively.
- The Crusaders are coming off a second place finish at the Worcester City Championship. Senior Nick Videtti (Woodcliff Lake, N.J.) led the squad with first place finishes in both the one-meter and three-meter dives. Videtti received the Whit Griffith Award for Male Diver of the Meet for the second year in a row. He was also named Patriot League Male Diver of the Week.
- Prior to the meet this Saturday, head coach Barry Parenteau and assistant coaches Wil Aybar and Ian Hennessey will honor the team's eight seniors for their hard work and dedication to the men's swimming and diving team. The seniors include Ben Chelmow (Newton, Mass.), Zachary Cietek (Guilderland, N.Y.), Patrick Gibbons (Reston, Va.), Tim Liddy (Garden City, N.Y.), Kevin O'Connor (Ridgewood, N.J.), Anthony Russo (Stratford, Conn.), Videtti and Yburan.
- The team recently returned home from its annual winter training trip, this year located in Key Largo, Fla. The team practiced at the Jacobs Aquatic Center from January 8-14. To read a blog about the team's training trip, click here.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.