Scoreboard: 3rd of 5, Harold Anderson Invitational, Kingston, R.I., 11/22-23
Schedule: Friday and Saturday, Jan. 17-18, Worcester City Championship, Worcester, Mass.
- The Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team will return to the pool this weekend for the Worcester City Championship on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 17-18.
- At last year's Worcester City Championship, the Crusaders finished in second place. Senior diver Nick Videtti (Woodcliff Lake, N.J.) won the Whit Griffith Award for Diver of the Meet after finishing first in both the one and three-meter dives. Senior Jan Yburan (Livingston, N.J.) and sophomore Tyler Wright (Waterboro, Maine) also return this season after recording first place finishes at last year's competition.
- The Crusaders last competed in the Harold Anderson Invitational on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 22-23, in Kingston, R.I. taking third place out of five teams. The Crusaders were led by two first place finishes by Yburan and Videtti. Yburan took first place in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 21:81 while Videtti won the three-meter dive with a score of 248.00.
- The team is currently on its annual winter training trip, this year located in Key Largo, Fla. The team has been practicing at the Jacobs Aquatic Center since January 8. To follow a blog on the team's training trip, click here.
- The Crusaders will compete in four more meets this season including the Patriot League Championship on Feb. 19-22, hosted by Navy in Annapolis, Md. The team will also host Providence in its second and final home meet of the season at the Hart Center on Jan. 25.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.