Scoreboard: 3rd of 5, Harold Anderson Invitational, Kingston, R.I., 11/22-23
Schedule: Friday and Saturday, Jan. 17-18, 2014; Worcester City Championship, Worcester, Mass.
- The Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team will have six weeks off before returning to the pool for the Worcester City Championship on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 17-18.
- The Crusaders last competed in the Harold Anderson Invitational on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 22-23 in Kingston, R.I. taking third place out of five teams.
- The Crusaders were led by two first place finishes by seniors Jan Yburan (Livingston, N.J.) and Nick Videtti (Woodcliff Lake, N.J.). Yburan took first place in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 21:81 while Videtti won the three-meter dive with a score of 248.00. Videtti set a career-best mark and was named GoHolyCross.com's Crusader of the Week.
- Sophomore Tyler Wright (Waterboro, Maine) finished second in the 100 butterfly (53.17) and junior Jack Swain (West Hartford, Conn.) finished second in the 100 breaststroke (59.92). Freshman Andrew Higgins (New Canaan, Conn.) finished third in the 200 breaststroke at 2:12.38 and just behind Swain in fourth place in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:00.40.
- The Crusaders will compete in four more meets this season including the Patriot League Championship on Feb. 19-22, hosted by Navy in Annapolis, Md. The team will also host Providence in its second and final home meet of the season at the Hart Center on Jan. 25.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.