Scoreboard: W, 151-146, at Fairfield, Fairfield, Conn., 10/12
Schedule: Friday, Oct. 18 at New England Catholic Invitational, Chestnut Hill, Mass., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 19 at New England Catholic Invitational, Chestnut Hill, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team will return to action for a two-day meet at the New England Catholic Championship this Friday, Oct. 18, and Saturday, Oct. 19, hosted by Boston College. The meet is scheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday and continue at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday.
- Last season, sophomore Tyler Wright (Waterboro, Maine) and graduate Brian Power led the Crusader at the New England Catholic Invitational. Wright finished third in the 100 butterfly (54.94) while Power took third in the 200 breaststroke (2:15.72). Senior Nick Videtti (Woodcliff Lake, N.J.) also posted a third place finish in the three-meter dive, finishing with 220.50 points.
- The Crusaders are coming off a 151-146 victory over Fairfield on the road last weekend (10/12). Senior Jan Yburan (Livingston, N.J.) led the way for the team, posting three individual first place finishes in the 50 free, 100 free and 100 back. He was also the anchor member of the 200 medley relay team that also took home top honors. Yburan was named GoHolyCross.com Crusader of the Week for his performance in the victory.
- The Crusaders will compete in seven more meets this season including the Patriot League Championship on Feb. 19-22, hosted by Navy in Annapolis, Md. There are two home meets scheduled to take place in the Hart Center against Springfield (10/26) and Providence (1/25).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team send directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.