January 22, 2013
Men's Swimming & Diving Preps For Providence This Saturday
Schedule: Saturday, Jan. 26, at Providence, Providence, R.I., 1:00 p.m.
Scoreboard: 2nd of 3, at Worcester City Championship, Worcester, Mass., 1/18-1/19
- The Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team will return to the pool on Saturday, Jan. 26, visiting Providence.
- Last season, the Crusaders hosted Providence at the Hart Center and fell by a score of 191-100. Senior Brian Power (Southport, Conn.) took first place in both the 100 and 200 breaststrokes with times of 1:02.55 and 2:17.25, respectively. The 400 freestyle relay team comprised of senior Brian Lyons (Greenwich, Conn.), junior Ben Chelmow (Newton, Mass.), junior Zachary Cietek (Guilderland, N.Y.) and senior John Vatalaro (Strongsville, Ohio) also took first place with a time of 3:29.35.
- Junior diver Nick Videtti (Woodcliff Lake, N.J.) won the Whit Griffith Award for Diver of the Meet at last weekend's Worcester City Championship. The junior finished in first place in both the one-meter and three-meter dives with scores of 4:32.39 and 381.38, respectively. His one-meter score also marked a new Holy Cross school record in the event. Videtti was also named AT&T Crusader of the Week for his performance.
- Power set a new Worcester City Championship meet record in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:00.30 and a new pool record in the 200 breaststroke with a time of 2:14.56. Freshman Tyler Wright (Waterboro, Maine) set a new pool record in the 200 butterfly with a time of 1:59.90 and junior Jan Yburan (Livingston, N.J.) also set a new pool record in the 100 freestyle with a time of 48.68 seconds.
- Holy Cross spent Jan. 8-15 on a training trip in Key Largo, Fla. at the Jacob's Aquatic Center. To view the team's daily blog, click here.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.