Men's Swimming & Diving Set To Compete At Patriot League Championship
Scoreboard: Bryant 196.5, Holy Cross 65.5, Smithfield, R.I., 2/4
Schedule: Thursday-Saturday, Feb. 16-18, at Patriot League Championship, Annapolis, Md., 10:00 a.m./6:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team is set to travel to Annapolis, Md., to compete in its final meet of the season on Feb. 16-18 at the Patriot League Championship hosted by Navy. Last season, the Crusaders finished eighth of eight.
- At the 2011 championship, junior Brian Power (Southport, Conn.) led the way for the Crusaders setting the school record on the second day of competition in the 100 yard breaststroke with a time of 58.47. Power also set a school record on the final day of the meet in the 200 yard breaststroke finishing at 2:07.34. Sophomore Jan Yburan (Livingston, N.J.) missed breaking a school record in the 200 yard backstroke by forty-four hundredths of a second, finishing with a time of 1:58.83.
- The 200 yard medley relay team also set a school record in last season's championship. The team was made up of Yburan, Power, graduate Nick Larson and junior John Vatalaro (Strongsville, Ohio) and set the record mark at 1:39.15.
- The Crusaders fell to Bryant (Feb. 4) in their final meet going into the Patriot League Championship in Smithfield, R.I. Power recorded a first place finish in the 100 yard breaststroke and Holy Cross recorded second place finishes in four events.
- Note that no non‑Department of Defense stickered vehicle will be allowed to drive onto the USNA campus for the 2012 Patriot League Championship. Parking will be available at the football stadium ($5 per vehicle) and there will be a free shuttle bus to‑and‑from the meet in Lejeune Hall. The event will also be streamed live on Patriot League All-Access. Click here for the website.