Scoreboard: 1st of 4, Worcester City Championship, Worcester, Mass., 1/20-1/21
Schedule: Saturday, Jan. 28 vs. Providence, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team will face off against Providence in its final home meet of the season on Saturday, Jan. 28. Meet time is set for 1:00 p.m. at the Hart Center. The team will honor its two seniors, Michael Burns (East Amherst, N.Y.) and Patrick McMahon (Middletown, N.Y.) prior to the meet.
- Last season, Holy Cross fell to the Friars by a score of 192-107 in Providence. The Friars have put together a three-meet win streak against the Crusaders as the men last won in the 2007-2008 season by a score of 127-112. Junior Brian Power (Southport, Conn.) and sophomore Jan Yburan (Livingston, N.J.) each won two events in last year's meet.
- The squad returned to competition on Friday-Saturday, Jan. 20-21, with a first place victory against Clark and WPI in the 11th Annual Worcester City Championship. Holy Cross finished with 510 points just ahead of second place WPI (495) marking the fifth time the Crusaders have taken home the title.
- Sophomore diver Nick Videtti (Woodcliff Lake, N.J.) was named the Diver of the Meet, winning the one meter diving event with a score of 199.42 and the three meter diving event with a score of 211.88.
- Holy Cross posted victories in the 200 and 400 yard medley relay, and Power won the 400 yard IM and 200 yard breaststroke to lead the Crusaders. Freshman Jack Swain (West Hartford, Conn.) took first in the 100 yard breaststroke and Yburan took first in the 50 yard freestyle to help secure the Championship victory.