MEN'S SWIMMING & DIVING
Overall: 0-3 (0-1 PL)
Scoreboard: No scheduled meets.
Schedule: Friday-Saturday, Dec. 3-4 at Harold Anderson Invitational, Kingston, R.I., 5:00 p.m./10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team (0-3 overall, 0-1 Patriot League) returns to action at the Harold Anderson Invitational on Dec. 2-3, hosted by Rhode Island at the Tootell Aquatics Center in Kingston, R.I.
- At the Terrier Invitational on Nov. 19, sophomore Jan Yburan (Livingston, N.J. )broke the Holy Cross men's 200 backstroke record with a time of 1:57.00. The record stood for 15 years and was established by Mark Fretta in 1996 with a time of 1:58.39.
- At the 2010 Harold Anderson Invitational, Holy Cross finished sixth in the team competition with Providence College taking home the team title. Junior Brian Power (Southport, Conn.) led the Crusaders with a fourth place finish in the 200 (2:16.50) and a fifth place finish in the 100 breast (1:02.10). Sophomore Nick Videtti (Woodcliff Lake, N.J.) led the team in the diving competition with a fourth place finish in the three meter diving competition with a score of 162.75.
- Sophomore Kevin O'Connor (Ridgewood, N.J.) ranks 11th in the Patriot League in the 800 Free with a time of 9:38.48. , Junior Brian Lyons (Greenwich, Conn.) holds the 15th best time in the 400 Free with a time of 4:37.62. Yburan ranks 16th in the 200 Back with his record-breaking time of 1:57.00, while his time 53.76 in the 100 Back ranks 19th.
- The Harold Anderson Invitational will be Holy Cross' last competition of the 2011 portion of the season. The Crusaders will take a break from competition until Jan. 20 when they host the Worcester City Championship at the Hart Center.