Overall Record: 0-0 (0-0 PL)
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 17 vs. Lehigh, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 18 at Fairfield, Fairfield, Conn. 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's swimming and diving team opens the 2009-2010 season on Saturday, Oct. 17 at the Hart Center against Patriot League opponent Lehigh at 2:00 p.m. The Crusaders will travel to Fairfield on Sunday, Oct. 18 for a 1:00 p.m. meet.
- Last season the Crusaders opened the season against Fairfield at the Hart Center on Oct. 11, losing 178-120 and hosted Lehigh on Oct. 19, losing 183-60. Against Lehigh, sophomore diver Adam DeVito (Walpole, Mass.) set a new school one meter diving record with a score of 251.85. Against Fairfield, senior captain Joseph McShane (Chatham, N.J.) took first in the 100 free with a time of 50.72.
- The Crusaders return 14 from last season's team, nine of whom were members of the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll, and welcome six newcomers to the pool.
- Seniors Ryan Boate (Pleasantville, N.Y.), Brian Livingston (Auburn, Wash.) and McShane were named captains for the men's swim team, while senior Joshua Rodriguez (Dudley, Mass.) will serve as captain for the diving team.
- Holy Cross was selected to finish eighth in the 2009 Patriot League preseason poll. 2009 Patriot League champion, Navy was selected first in the poll, while Army and Bucknell tied for second place. Colgate and Lehigh rounded out the top five spots. Lafayette finished sixth in the voting, American seventh and Holy Cross eighth.
- Barry Parenteau enters his 35th season in 2009-2010 as a coach of the Holy Cross swimming and diving programs. Parenteau has coached the Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team since its inception in 1975 and took over the head coaching responsibilities for the men's team in 1996. Last season, Parenteau had 26 student-athletes named to the Patriot League Academic honor roll, three student-athletes received Patriot League weekly honors and three student-athletes competed at the ECAC Championship.