Holy Cross Men's Soccer
Overall: 3-5-1 (1-1-0 PL); Last Week: 0-1-0
Scoreboard: American 3, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/5
Schedule: Wednesday, Oct. 9 at Boston University, Boston, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 12 vs. Lafayette, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's soccer team (3-5-1, 1-1-0 Patriot League) will return to action on Wednesday, Oct. 9, when it faces off with new Patriot League opponent Boston University at Nickerson Field in Boston, Mass. at 7:00 p.m. The Terriers are 3-6-1 overall and 0-2-0 in the Patriot League. They are coming off a 3-2 loss to Patriot League opponent Army in double overtime on Oct. 5. The Crusaders are 0-3-0 versus Boston University over the last four seasons.
- Following the matchup with Boston University, Holy Cross will return home to face Lafayette at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium at 7:00 p.m. on Oct. 12. Lafayette is 2-1-6 on the season with their only loss coming against Patriot League opponent Colgate by a score of 1-0 on Sept. 28. Before making the trip to Worcester, Lafayette will face Patriot League opponent Lehigh on Wednesday, Oct. 9.
- Freshman Joey DeVivo (Ridgefield, Conn.) leads the team with four goals and eight points this season. His 0.89 points per game are tied for sixth in the Patriot League, while his 0.44 goals per game are fifth in the Patriot League and his four total goals are 85th nationally.
- Senior captain Monty Sanders (Temecula, Calif.) leads the team with a career-best three assists and is tied for second with five points. His 0.33 assists per game are tied for fourth in the Patriot League. For his career he has eight goals and five assists for 21 points.
- Sophomore goalie Kevin Wright (McKinney, Texas) ranks fifth in the Patriot League in both saves with 35 and saves per game with 4.38.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.