October 2, 2012
Crusaders Hit The Road To Take On Colgate On Oct. 6
Holy Cross Men's Soccer
Overall: 2-7-0 (1-1-0 PL); Last Week: 0-2-0
Scoreboard: Northeastern 5, Holy Cross 2, Brookline, Mass., 9/25
Lafayette 2, Holy Cross 1, Easton, Pa., 9/29
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 6 at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's soccer team returns to action when it travels to Hamilton, N.Y., for a Patriot League match against Colgate on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 4:00 p.m. at Van Doren Field. Last season, the Crusaders fell to the Raiders by a 1-0 score on Oct. 8 in a home contest at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium. Holy Cross is 2-2-1 over the last five games versus Colgate.
- Colgate is 2-4-4 (1-0-1 PL) so far this season with wins versus Binghamton and Lehigh. The Raiders have ties against St. John's, Yale, Vermont and American and losses to Villanova, Syracuse, Dartmouth and Wofford.
- Junior Josh Cintas (San Diego, Calif.) leads the team this season with four goals and nine points, while he also has one assist. His 0.44 goals per game place him tied for second in the Patriot League, while his 1.00 points per game are fourth in the league. For his career he has five goals and six assists for 16 points.
- Junior Tommy Uttaro (Staten Island, N.Y.) currently leads the team in assists in the season with three. Notching a goal and two assists in competition this past week, he led the team in weekly points with four. With his 0.38 assists per game, he ties for fourth in the Patriot League for assists and also places fourth in assists overall in the league. For his career he has four goals and five assists for 13 points.
- Junior captain Monty Sanders (Temecula, Calif.) and junior Kevin O'Connell (Basking Ridge, N.J.) both rank 10th in the Patriot League for assists, each with two. Sanders also ranks ninth for goals with two and ninth for points per game (0.67) and total points (6). For his career, Sanders has six goals and two assists for 14 points while O'Connell has four goals and four assists for 12 points.